June 2012 FUEL TV's biggest month to date thanks to UFC programming
Fights making a difference.
Live UFC® Fights and Motocross Races Leads Cable’s Fastest Growing Network To Biggest Month Ever
LOS ANGELES, CA – Three live Ultimate Fighting Championship® Fight Nights and two live motocross races in June delivered FUEL TV its most-watched month ever and it continues to be the industry’s fastest growing ad-supported cable network, according to Nielsen Media Research.
FUEL TV’s June viewership growth was powered by 406 hours of Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) programming, including three live prelim shows for main cards featured on FX. The “TUF Finale Live” Prelims on Friday, June 1, delivered the network its most-watched prelims to date, most-watched Friday and second most-watched Friday prime time in its history. The 406 hours of UFC programming in the month edges out the previous record of 384 hours in April.
For the year, FUEL TV has delivered nearly 1800 hours of UFC programming, and that has driven FUEL TV’s explosive audience increases. In the first six months of 2012, FUEL TV has established itself as the fastest growing network in year-to-year percentage audience growth in total day and during prime time among households, total viewers and men 18-49 compared to Jan. – June 2011.
The Saturday live airings of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship motocross races have emerged this month as an incredible complement to the UFC programming. On June 9, the FMF High Point National, the fourth stop of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, drew 214,000 total viewers and 105,000 men 18-49, ranking as the network’s second most-watched program ever and third in the target demographic. The following race on Saturday, June 16 was the network’s tenth most-viewed program ever with 141,000 total viewers.
FUEL TV June 2012 Audience Highlights:
• June 2012 is the network’s most viewed month ever, surpassing February 2012;
• FUEL TV recorded its second and third most-watched weeks in network history in June;
• June 2012 was up +50% in total viewers and +67% in M18-49 vs. June 2011;
• Total Viewers grew 56% in prime time and +60% among M18-49 compared to June 2011;
• Saturday, June 9 ranked as FUEL TV’s third most-watched day in network history, up +575% vs. the 2Q 2011 average;
• Live Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship race on Saturday, June 16 was the network’s tenth most-viewed program in network history with 141,000 Total Viewers;
• “The Ultimate Fighter Finale Live” Prelims on Friday, June 1 had 165,000 Total Viewers, ranking as the network’s most-watched UFC Prelims to date, in addition to being FUEL TV’s fifth most-watched program ever. The show peaked from 8:30 – 8:45 PM ET with 241,000 Total Viewers;
• Friday, June 1 was the most-watched Friday and second most-watched Friday prime time in network history;
• UFC Prelims on Friday, June 22 was FUEL TV’s sixth most-watched show ever with 160,000 Total Viewers, fourth most-watched show in the target demo and second most-watched UFC Prelims on the network;
• For the first six months of 2012, prime time viewership is +140% over 2011;
• Since January 1, the network’s total day viewership is up +90% compared to 2011.
"The UFC fans have found FUEL TV and are tuning into the network every day now,” says Mike Feller, Vice President of Programming, FUEL TV. "The increased viewership numbers are also carrying over to other programs, as we’ve seen with the ratings growth of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. It’s apparent that both UFC and motocross share similar viewers and make for great complementary programming.”
Extensive UFC coverage continues in the month of July, with FUEL TV telecasting the live Weigh-in and Postfight shows for UFC 148: SILVA VS. SONNEN II on Saturday, July 7; the Weigh-ins, Prefight, Fight Night and Postfight shows for UFC ON FUEL TV: MUNOZ VS. WEIDMAN Wednesday, July 11; and the live Weigh-in and Postfight shows for UFC 149: FABER VS. BARAO on Saturday, July 21. In addition, FUEL TV premieres a new special, “UFC From All Angles: Mark Munoz & Jake Ellenberger” on Thursday, July 5.
In this year, FUEL TV offers more UFC programming than any network has ever offered, with more than 100 hours of live fights, weigh-ins, preliminary bouts, and pre- and postfight shows, and significant shoulder programming.
For a complete listing of FUEL TV shows, go to: http://www.fuel.tv/schedule/. For more information, go to www.fuel.tv, www.fuel.tv/ufc, on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/fueltv, and on Twitter at: @fueltv, #UFConFUELTV
To find out FUEL TV on your television, go to www.fuel.tv/getfueltv, or call 877-4 FUEL-TV.
Check out our interview w/ UFC fighter Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy: