Machida turns down UFC title fight with Jones, unlikely fighter steps in on Sept. 22
- Dan Henderson suffers a partial tear of his MCL, out of UFC 151 main event vs. Jon Jones
- Zuffa cancels the UFC 151 pay-per-view after Jones refuses to fight an out-of-shape, non-prepared, middleweight Chael Sonnen on eight days notice
- Dana White books Jones vs. Lyoto Machida at UFC 152 on Sept. 22 in Toronto
- UFC middleweight Chris Weidman offered to fight Jones on eight days notice.
- Machida apparently declined the fight despite White's announcement, so it's Jones vs. Belfort on Sept. 22
- UFC middleweight champion and the greatest MMA fighter ever Anderson Silva offered to fight a light heavyweight on eight days notice to save UFC 151.
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua turned down Jones fight, possibly after recalling savage four-round beating he took from him last year.
- Expect Weidman vs. Belcher at UFC 153 for the next middleweight title shot.
- Wildest 24 hours in MMA history?
Check out our interview with UFC fighter Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy: