Ring of Honor Wrestling 7/9 - Charlotte, NC results
Credit: F4WOnline.com and Jeff Hamlin
Ring of Honor Wrestling house show results
July 9, 2011
1. Mike Bennett defeated Andy ridge with a Piledriver.
2. Kenny King defeated Mark Briscoe in 8:36 with the Burning Hammer. Jay Briscoe and Rhett Titus were handcuffed to their respective corner turn posts. Briscoes got more cheers.
3. Rhett Titus defeated Jay Briscoe went to a no contest in 8:32 when Briscoe decked referee Paul Turner. This time, King and Mark Briscoe were handcuffed to the corners. At the finish, Jay pulled out bolt cutters and freed Mark, while King was still handcuffed. So the Briscoes double-teamed Titus, giving him the Jay Driller and a Doomsday Device while King watched helplessly in the corner. Unfortunately, this strong heel move was performed in front of the wrong crowd, because the Briscoes got 75% cheers. Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin made the save, and it was clear the crowd saw those two as the biggest stars of the show.
4. The American Wolves defeated Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole via TKO in 21:57. A great match with tons of crowd heat and tons of near falls. Before the match, Davey Richards mentioned that O'Reilly was his cousin. That led to a unique finish. After tons of teased submissions, Eddie Edwards held O'Reilly in a half crab. Referee Todd Sinclair ordered to stop the match, but they did a gimmick where the timekeeper lost the bell hammer, so Edwards kept the hold on because he didn't hear a bell. This led to Richards getting upset at Edwards because he thought Edwards was trying to intentionally injure his cousin. Wolves teased a split over this. O'Reilly sold his leg big. ****1/4
5. Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander defeated Chase Owens and Michael Elgin when Alexander pinned Owens after a frog splash. Truth Martini told Ownes before the match if he won, he could join the House of Truth. After he got pinned, Martini gave him the thumbs down, leading to Elgin turning on him and laying him out with a spinning power bomb.
6. Chris Hero defeated Colt Cobana with the Cyclone Kill after a ref bump and interference from Shane Hagadorn.
7. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team defeated The Bravado Brothers after Benjamin pinned Harlem with the Broken Arrow. Postmatch, the Briscoes came out and challenged Haas and Benjamin to a fight. They went back-and-forth before Jay whipped Haas through a table set up in a corner. The Briscoes were about to give Benjamin a spike Jay Driller, but King ran in to make the save.
8. El Generico defeated Roderick Strong to retain the ROH TV Title in a steel cage match in 17:52 with a Super Brainbuster. ***1/2.