UFC 150: Donald Cerrone vs. Melvin Guillard Result
Former teammates face off.
UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II
Pepsi Center in Denver, CO
August 11, 2012
Commentators: Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan
Lightweight Co-Main Event: Donald Cerrone (18-4, 1 NC) vs. Melvin Guillard (30-10-2, 1 NC)
Fast Facts about Melvin Guillard:
- Notable wins over Dennis Siver, Gleison Tibau, Marcus Davis, Jeremy Stephens, Evan Dunham, and Shane Roller.
- 19 career knockout wins 9 career losses via submission
- Most recent fight: Unanimous decision win over Fabricio Camoes at UFC 148, 7/7/12
Fact Facts about Donald Cerrone:
- Notable wins over Jamie Varner, Dennis Siver, Anthony Njokuani, Rob McCullough, Charles Oliveira, and Danny Castillo
- Four-time UFC bonus winner
- World MMA Awards' 2011 Breakthrough Fighter of The Year 13 wins via submission
- Most recent fight: Unanimous decision win over Jeremy Stephens at UFC on FUEL TV 3, 5/15/23
Announcers make note of how unfocused Guillard seems and that Cerrone is in his head, since the Cowboy beat him up in practice. They're real life friends too. Cerrone is fighting in his hometown. Guillard rocks Cerrone early, but Cowboy recovers. Head kick by Cerrone. He tags Guillard, who is out. Guillard's chin is gone. Head kick, big knockout punch. Guillard is down and out. Cerrone gets his cond
Official Decision: Donald Cerrone (19-4, 1 NC) def. Melvin Guillard (30-11-2, 1 NC) via knockout (punch) at 1:16 of Round One.
Check out our interview with UFC lightweight Jim Miller: