UFC 150 Results
Bendo vs. Edgar II.
UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II
Pepsi Center in Denver, CO
August 11, 2012
Commentators: Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan
Lightweight bout: Nik Lentz (21-5-2, 1 NC) vs. Eiji Mitsuoka (18-8-2)
Fast Facts about Nik Lentz:
- Notable wins over Drew Fickett, Tyson Griffin, and Andre Winner
- NCAA Division I wrestler
- Most recent fight: second-round TKO loss (doctor's stoppage) to Evan Dunham at UFC on FOX 2, 1/28/12
Fast Facts about Eiji Mitsuoka:
- Notable wins over Rodrigo Damm, Joachim Hansen, Gleison Tibau, and Clay French
- Veteran of PRIDE FC, DREAM, and Sengoku
- Most recent fight: first-round TKO (punches) loss to Takanori Gomi at UFC 144, 2/26/12
Tim Mills is our referee. Lentz stuffed Mitsuoka's takedown attempt. They clinch. Knee by Lentz. Lentz pulls him down. Mitsuoka tries to get up, but is taken down again. Mitsuoka keeps trying to get up, but Lentz gets him down. Lentz has both hooks in as Mitsuoka is on his belly. Lentz unleashing hell via his strikes as the ref steps in to save Mitsuoka. Lentz wins his featherweight debut.
Official Decision: Nik Lentz (22-5-2, 1 NC) def. Eiji Mitsuoka (18-9-2) via TKO (punches) at 3:45 of Round One.
Lentz told Rogan he's got all new coaches and feels great at 145lbs. He says he will be a champion at featherweight and all his fights will end like this. I like his style.
Bantamweight bout: Chico Camus (11-3) vs. Dustin Pague (11-6)
Fast Facts about Chico Camus:
- Trains under Roufusport (home of Pat Barry and Anthony Pettis)
- Seven wins via stoppage (three KO/TKO, three submissions)
- Most recent fight: Unanimous decision win over Alptelon Ozkilic at LFC 52, 4/13/12
Fast Facts about Dustin Pague:
- Notable wins over Jared Papazian and Scott Heckman
- The Ultimate Fighter Season 14 alum, as part of Team Mayhem Miller
- Most recent fight: Split decision loss to Ken Stone at UFC on FX 4, 6/22/12
Decent fight that saw the TUF 14 veteran Pague take the first round in my eyes, despite being on his back with his elbows. Camus, who made his UFC debut, took the last two rounds and ended the third on top, bloodying Pague and nearly securing the rear-naked choke. Luckily, the judges saw it the fight play out the same way here.
Official Decision: Chico Camus (12-3) def. Dustin Pague (11-7) via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28).
Pague has lost two straight UFC fights and is just 1-3 inside the Octagon. Camus improves to 4-0 in 2012.
Bantamweight bout: Ken Stone (11-3) vs. Erik Perez (11-4)
Fast Facts about Ken Stone: