UFC continues to raise FUEL TV's profile
Thanks to Munoz vs. Weidman and more.
FUEL TV’S JULY RATINGS SIZZLE
Network Records Most-Watched Month, Second Most-Watched Prime Time and Third Most-Watched Day
LOS ANGELES, CA – FUEL TV’s summer ratings sizzled in July, as the network recorded its most-watched month ever, according to Nielsen Media Research. Other ratings records set in the month included FUEL TV having its second most-watched prime time, its third most-watched day and three of its four most-watched weeks.
FUEL TV continues to be the industry’s fastest growing ad-supported cable network, thanks in part to three live Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) Fight Nights and three live Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship races telecast during the month. FUEL TV also set its own record for the most hours of UFC® programming in a month with 480 in July, edging out the previous record of 406 hours in June. For the year, FUEL TV has broadcast 2,276 hours of UFC programs.
For the first seven months of 2012, FUEL TV is the fastest growing network in year-to-year percentage audience growth among households, total viewers and men 18-49 during total day and prime time.
FUEL TV July 2012 Audience Highlights:
· July 2012 is the network’s most-watched month ever, surpassing June 2012;
· July 2012 was up +180% in Total Viewers and +300% in M18-49 vs. July 2011;
· Prime time finished up +238% in Total Viewers and +200% in M18-49 vs. July 2011;
· Live UFC Fight Night on FUEL TV on Wednesday, July 11 was the network’s third most-watched program ever with 211,000 Total Viewers;
· UFC Fight Night on FUEL TV viewership peaked from 10:30 PM ET – 10:45 PM ET with 291,000 Total Viewers
· Wednesday, July 11 ranked as FUEL TV’s second most-watched prime time and third most-watched day in network history;
· For the first seven months of 2012, prime time viewership is +164% over 2011;
· Since January 1, the network’s total day viewership is up +110% compared to 2011;
"We put up stellar numbers with our live Fight Night for UFC ON FUEL TV: MUNOZ VS. WEIDMAN,” says George Greenberg, Executive Vice President and General Manager, FUEL TV. "Throughout July, FUEL TV saw numerous shows put up all-time high ratings, including our news show ‘UFC Tonight,’ which has really found its audience. We’re excited to see viewers continue to find and watch other shows on FUEL TV.”
Extensive UFC coverage continues in the upcoming months, with FUEL TV telecasting the live Weigh-in, Prelims and Postfight shows for UFC ON FOX: SHOGUN VS. VERA on Saturday, August 4; the Weigh-in and Postfight shows for UFC 150: HENDERSON VS. EDGAR II Saturday, August 11; and the live Weigh-in and Postfight shows for UFC 151: JONES VS. HENDERSON on Saturday, September 1. In addition, FUEL TV has two more live Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship races in August.