UFC on FOX 3 Rapid Recap: Results, live gate, attendance, medical suspensions, bonuses
Live report from arena.
UFC on FOX 3: Diaz vs. Miller - May 5, 2012
Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ
Live Gate: $1.1 million
Middleweight bout: Karlos Vemola (9-2) def. Mike Massenzio (13-7) via rear naked choke at 1:07 of round two.
Bantamweight bout: Roland Delorme (8-1) def. Nick Denis (11-3) via rear naked choke at 4:59 of round one. Excellent come-from-behind victory for Delorme, who is a TUF 14 alum.
- Denis medically suspended indefinite pending CT facial (orbits) and CT head
- Denis medically suspended 30 days.
UFC on FUEL TV Prelims
Featherweight bout: Dennis Bermudez (8-3) def. Pablo Garza (11-3) via unanimous decision in three rounds, all three judges 30-27.
Awesome performance by Bermudez, who was the TUF 14 finalist that lost the exciting one round fight against Diego Brandao last year. If you loved Rampage Jackson's slams in PRIDE, then this is the fight for you. They should called Bermudez Sergeat Slam or something less tacky.
- Bermudez medically suspended 60 days for facial laceration healing.
Lightweight bout: Danny Castillo (13-4) def. John Cholish (8-2) via unanimous decision in three rounds, all three judges 30-27.
Uneventful fight. Castillo, the Team Alpha Male (Urijah Faber's camp) member, hands full-time Wall Street stock broker Cholish his first losss in eight fights. Crowd hated this fight in the arena. Lots of boos.
- Castillo medically suspended indefinite pending x-ray of right hand.
Flyweight bout: Louis Gaudinot (6-2) def. John Lineker (19-6) via guillotine at 4:54 of round two.
Fight of The Night. Gaudinot, the former Ring of Combat champion and NY/NJ native was a crowd favorite. Excellent fight. Both came out swinging and one ended up going to sleep. Green-haired Gaudinot looks a hell of a lot more comfortable at his natural fighting weight. He's an exciting fighter with a unique look. He could be very marketable should he be able to stirng a few UFC wins in a row.
- Lineker fined $1,200 weight penalty and payable to opponent Gaudinot for coming in one pound overweight (127lbs)
- Gaudinot medically suspended 30 days
- Gaudinot medically suspended pending x-rays of both (left and right) hands.
- Lineker medically suspended 30 days.
Welterweight bout: John Hathaway (16-1) def. Pascal Krauss (10-1) via unanimous decision in three rounds, 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28.
Hathaway returns from a long layoff for a dominant victory. He got a surprisingly large amount of cheers. Maybe UK-NJ tranplants in attendance?
- Krauss medically suspended indefinitely pending x-ray of right foot.
Flyweight bout: John Dodson (13-5) def. Tim Elliott (8-3-1) via unanimous decision in three rounds, all three judges 29-28.
Fun fight. Elliot, a late replacement, brought the fight to TUF 14 winner Dodson.
- Dodson medically suspended indefinite pending x-rays of left hand.
- Dodson confirms via his Facebook that his hand is indeed broken.
Lightweight bout: Michael Johnson (11-6) def. Tony Ferguson (13-3) via unanimous decision in three rounds, all three judges 30-27.
TUF 12 finalist Johnson hands TUF 13 winner Ferguson his first UFC loss. Johnson has won two straight fights and ends Ferguson's six fight win streak. Uneventful fight that the crowd HATED.