WWE RAW 2/20/12 Results: WrestleMania card takes shape, Major injury occurs
A wild, eventful edition of RAW.
WWE Monday Night RAW
February 20, 2012
Commentators: Michael Cole and WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler
1. Eve Torres revealed to the Bella Twins that she used Zack Ryder just like she's gonna use John Cena. She called Ryder pathetic and told the Bellas to tape what she's gonna do to Cena. This heel turn kind of blinded me but Eve came off great here.
2. John Cena confronted Eve--he was right behind her. Eve begged Cena for forgiveness and cried like Meryl Streep. Cena said he lost a broski for a #hoeski. Crowd chanted that. He called her a lot of slut-synonyms and said he'd like to stay disease free.
3. Sheamus def. Mark Henry in relatively quick and clean fashion. There goes WWE's one monster heel. He must still be injured, but either way, no point in making him look like an afterthought considering he was so dominant just a couple months back.
4. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth def. WWE Tag Team Champions Primo and Epico Colon (w/ Rosa Mendes) in a non-title match.
5. David Otunga (w/ RAW Interim GM John Laurinaitis) def. Ezekiel Jackson (w/ Smackdown GM Teddy Long). Yes, this match actually aired. On the bright side, the Otunga-Laurinaitis chemistry is great and this did further the GMs feud.
6. World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan def. Santino Marella in a glorified squash match, despite Marella's star-making showing at Elimination Chamber. Go figure, but at least they kept the champ strong. Bryan will face Sheamus at WrestleMania XXVIII.
7. Triple H's accepted The Undertaker's WrestleMania challenge and raised the stakes--Hell in a Cell.This segment was money, even with Metallica oddly playing in the background when Undertaker exited the ring. I like Metallica, but I prefer Taker's traditional theme. Idiot fans chanted "WHAT" during the first part of Taker's promo. No disrespect to the great wrestling city of Minneapolis, but whoever said "WHAT" to Taker should be banned from attending events--period.
8. Divas: The Bella Twins def. Aksana and Kelly Kelly. Quick, painless, and all four looked stunning.
9. John Cena cut a scathing worked shoot promo on Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who returns to RAW next week. This was by far the best Cena promo in quite some time. He talked about wanting to be a professional wrestler and said he's genuine, while Dwayne left the chance he got. This didn't come off campy or whiney, but rather like Cena honestly believed everything he was saying. Whether you agree or disagree with what he said is another story, but that was some great delivery.
They hyped the live Super Smackdown special for Tuesday night of SyFy. It'll be headlined by Bryan vs. CM Punk in a non-title champion vs. champion match.
Ron Simmons is the newest member of the WWE Hall of Fame 2012 class. He joins Mil Mascaras, Adam "Edge" Copeland, and The Four Horsemen (Barry Windham, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, JJ Dillon, Arn Anderson, and Tully Blanchard).