WWE WrestleMania XXVIII Results
Once in a lifetime.
WWE WrestleMania XXVIII on pay-per-view
Commentators: Michael Cole (who was incredibly serviceable tonight!) and Jerry Lawler
Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida
April 1, 2012
WWE.com Featured Bout at 6:30pm/ET
WWE Tag Team Championships: Primo/Epico Colon (C) w/ Rosa Mendes def. Tyson Kidd/Justin Gabriel and Usos. It was a match.
Main PPV card starting at 7pm/ET
1. Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan to win the World Heavyweight Championship in 18 seconds. Pathetic.
2. Kane defeated Randy Orton via pinfall. Not a bad match. Good placement.
3. Big Show defeated Cody Rhodes via knockout to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship for the first time in his career. Good for Paul Wight.
4. WWE Divas: Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos def. Divas Champion Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres. Maria Menounos pinned Beth Phoenix win a rollup. Nothing match that went too long. Props to Menounos for wrestling with injured ribs.
5. Undertaker defeated Triple H via pinfall after Tombstone in a Hell in a Cell match to go 20-0 at WrestleMania. Shawn Michaels was special guest referee. I personally loved this match. Great psychology and emotion from all involved. The great Jim Ross was also on commentary.
Post-match: HBK looked somber as hell. He kneeled over HHH, looking at the carnage Undertaker just unleashed on him. Ross says this is the end of an era and wondered if all involved will ever wrestle again. HBK picked Undertaker up and they embraced. HBK raises his hand. What great respect. Crowd gives all of them respectful applause. Undertaker does his trademark pose in ring, pyro in all as HBK is kneeled and HHH is still down. Not as good as last year in terms of general in-ring action but a great match with excellent emotion that really does feel like an end of an era. Undertaker looked at HHH. HBK and Undertaker both helped HHH up. They helped him out of the ring. Crowd applauded. Wow. What a moment.
They gave each other a group hug at the end of the ramp. Undertaker's back is a mess. Unbelievable moment. Undertaker should retire now after that. How can he top his WrestleMania performances from 2007 to now? Go out on a high note. Amazing.
6. WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2012 is introduced: Edge, Yokozuna's family, Four Horsemen, Mil Mascaras, Ron Simmons, Mike Tyson.
--Team Teddy consists of Santino Marella, R-Truth, Great Khali, Kofi Kingston, Booker T, Zack Ryder. Team Johnny features David Otunga, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz, Drew McIntyre.