Lightweight Champion Khabib Nurmagomedov’s historic win over “The Notorious” Conor McGregor is marred by his postfight actions at UFC 229.
adsystem.com/x/c/QjMiqD8vPnFbXQRMzTbJBrIAAAFmJ0_oyAEAAAFKAepiXig/https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0776N1ML7/ref=as_at/?imprToken=4SHFWqqpV8RgtjLt5NVdNg&slotNum=0&ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0776N1ML7&linkCode=w61&tag=tscstore0c-20&linkId=451112181e91f75dda98ddcd38d73be7″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener” data-amzn-asin=”B0776N1ML7″>Click here for great EA Sports UFC 3 deals on Amazon!
About This Video: The Sports Courier’s Fred Richani recaps the UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor results featuring an insane postfight brawl started by Khabib Nurmagomedov hopping outside of the octagon and going after Conor McGregor’s teammate following his submission win. The UFC 229 brawl surely mars what was a great UFC PPV and will likely lead to Khabib being suspended and likely stripped of the UFC lightweight championship — let alone criminal charges.
Following the recording of this video, the following information was provided via UFC president Dana White:
- Nevada is withholding Khabib’s rumored $2 million fight purse,
- Conor McGregor did throw an unprovoked punch at one of Khabib’s teammates while the chaos was erupting (based on fan video), but likely won’t be punished. Go figure.
- Three of Khabib’s teammates were arrested and later released when McGregor chose not to press charges.
- Dana White said the Governor of Nevada was in attendance and ran for his life during the melee. Not good for Khabib.
- Dana White was noncommittal on stripping Khabib of the lightweight title and will defer to whatever punishments will be handed down by the NAC (Nevada state Athletic Commission).
- Conor McGregor wants a rematch. Don’t bank on that for awhile.
Check out our interview with UFC Hall of Famer Dan “The Beast” Severn!
You May Also Like: Our NBA LIVE 19 Review!
Full Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links, which provide us a small commission in order to support TheSportsCourier.com and continue to create content for all of you. Thanks so much for your support!
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.